St Lucia Citizenship by Investment Programme
Launched in 2016, St Lucia has the newest citizenship by investment programme in the Caribbean. Inheriting decades of experience from its island neighbours, St Lucia’s programme is an amalgamation of practices from its surrounding islands and provides a wide range of benefits for investors and locals alike.
An idyllic spot for nature seekers, history buffs, and relaxation-seekers, St Lucia offers citizens all of the tropical benefits of the Caribbean. Read on to discover how you can apply for St Lucian citizenship, and benefit from CS Global Partners’ CBI initiative.
Benefits of St Lucia Citizenship
The St Lucia Citizenship by Investment Programme provides an opportunity to apply for St Lucia citizenship and a huge range of benefits including:
- Global mobility
- Right to hold dual citizenship
- Citizenship for life, with the right to live and work in the country
- Four investment options
The National Economic Fund
The National Economic Fund (NEF) was established to receive qualifying investments to fund Government-sponsored projects on the island. Applicants can obtain citizenship by making a monetary contribution to the NEF via one of the prescribed contribution levels. Due diligence and processing fees apply.
- Main applicant USD 100,000
- Main applicant and spouse USD 140,000
- Main applicant, spouse and up to 2 other family members USD 150,000
- Each additional family member of a main applicant applying with a spouse and 2 other family members USD 15,000
- Each additional family member for other family structures USD 25,000
Applicants may obtain citizenship by purchasing Government-approved property valued at a minimum of USD 300,000. This property must be owned and maintained for a minimum of 5 years after citizenship has been granted. Due diligence fees apply.
The following Government administration fees are applicable:
- Main applicant USD 30,000
- Main applicant and spouse USD 45,000
- Family member aged 18 years or above USD 10,000
- Family member under 18 years USD 5,000
- Each additional family member where the main applicant is applying with a spouse and four other family members USD 10,000 each
Pre-Approved Enterprise Project
Applicants can obtain citizenship by making an investment, either independent or joint, in a pre-approved enterprise project. Independent investment must be valued at USD 3.5 million and create at least 3 permanent jobs. For joint investments, each investor must contribute at least USD 1 million, resulting in a joint investment worth USD 6 million and creating at least 6 permanent jobs. Due diligence, processing, Government administration fees apply.
- Minimum independent investment USD 3,500,000 (creation of 3 local jobs)
- Minimum joint investment USD 1,000,000 (creation of 6 local jobs)
Applicants may choose to invest in government bonds to obtain citizenship. Once citizenship has been granted, investments in government bonds must be held in the applicant’s name for a fixed period of time that varies according to the applicant’s family structure. The bonds must not attract a rate of interest for the duration of this period.
Due diligence and Government administrative fees apply. The following is applicable under a Limited Time Offer expiring on 31 December 2022:
- Main applicant USD 250,000 (to be held for 5 years)
- Main applicant and 1 family member USD 250,000 (to be held for 6 years)
- Main applicant and up to 4 family members USD 250,000 (to be held for 7 years)
- Main applicant and up to 4 family members USD 300,000 (to be held for 5 years)
- Any additional family member USD 15,000 each
St Lucia Citizenship by Investment application process consists of seven steps, which are:
- Step 1: Application and pre-approval by CS Global Partners
- Step 2: Submission of citizenship application
- Step 3: Government processing and due diligence checks
- Step 4: Approval in principle
- Step 5: Investment in the National Economic Fund, pre-approved real estate, pre-approved enterprise project, or government bonds
- Step 6: Citizenship certificate issued
- Step 7: Passport application
Is there a residency requirement?
No residency is required.
How long does it take to process a citizenship by investment application?
From submission of the application to an approval in principle, applicants are generally expected to wait three months.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the investment options under the St Lucia Citizenship by Investment Programme?
- Contribution to the Government’s National Economic Fund
- Pre-Approved real estate option
- Enterprise option
- Government bonds option
Applicants for citizenship should be at least 18 years of age, in good health and of good character, without a criminal record, and able and willing to make the required contribution.
Which family members can I include in my application for economic citizenship?
You can include:
- Children of the main applicant or of the spouse aged 21 or below
- Children of the main applicant or of the spouse aged no more than 30 and fully supported by the main applicant
- Children of the main applicant or of the spouse, of any age, who are physically or mentally challenged, and fully supported by the main applicant
- Parents of the main applicant or of the spouse if aged 55 or above and fully supported by the main applicant
- Parents of the main applicant of any age if physically or mentally challenged and fully supported by the main applicant
- Siblings of the main applicant aged under 18, unmarried, and in receipt of consent from their parent or guardian to make an application
What does the due diligence process in St Lucia entail?
You will be vetted by multiple entities:
- KYC (know-your-customer) checks performed by local authorised agents.
- Internal checks including AML (anti-money laundering) and CTF (counter-terrorism financing) vetting by the Citizenship by Investment Unit.
- Mandated international due diligence firms perform online and on-the-ground checks.
- Regional and international crime prevention bodies check that you aren’t on any wanted or sanctions lists.
Are citizens of certain countries not allowed to apply?
The following nationals cannot apply for citizenship by investment in St Lucia, as due diligence checks cannot be effectively performed in these countries:
The Unit has also warned of difficulties with processing applications from Syria.
All other nationalities are eligible to apply
Is this programme for me?
The following may be a good fit for the programme:
- Individuals/businesspeople looking to establish overseas businesses
- Families seeking better global mobility
- Professionals who want to broaden their horizons
- Families who would like their children to go to prestigious universities
Where do the funds go?
The National Economic Fund (NEF) was established to receive qualifying investments to fund Government-sponsored projects on the island.