Known for its streamlined procedures and commitment to due diligence, the Dominica Citizenship by Investment Programme now celebrates another milestone, as it simplifies its investment thresholds and fees to clarify costs and appeal to larger families.
The EDF Option
New investment thresholds have been announced for the Economic Diversification Fund (EDF) option, which requires applicants to make a contribution to a charitable fund tasked with improving Dominica’s economy by supporting both private and public projects. Importantly, the thresholds now clarify the costs for large families with adult dependants.
Applicants can expect to make the following payments to the EDF:
- US$100,000 for a single Main Applicant
- US$175,000 for a Main Applicant and Spouse
- US$200,000 for a Main Applicant plus up to three qualifying Dependants
- US$25,000 for any qualifying Dependant of the Main Applicant, other than a Spouse
The Real Estate Option
Changes have also been made to the Programme’s real estate option, improving its ability to attract families. The changes affect the Government Fee, while the minimum investment threshold of US$200,000 has remained untouched.
Applicable Government Fees are now as follows:
- US$25,000 for the Main Applicant
- US$35,000 for a Main Applicant applying with his or her Spouse
- US$35,000 for a family of up to four persons including the Main Applicant and up to three Dependants
- US$50,000 for a family of up to six persons, including the Main Applicant at least five Dependants
- US$70,000 for a family of seven persons or more, including the Main Applicant at least seven Dependants.
Dominica continues on its path of delivering one of the best citizenship by investment options in the world, and this recent announcement is certain to raise even more global interest in the Programme.