The Emergency Powers (COVID-19) (No. 4) Regulations, 2020, repealing and replacing the earlier Regulations governing Grenada’s State of Emergency, entered into force on 20 April 2020. The Regulations extend the country’s mandatory curfew, restrictions on freedom of movement, and strict physical distancing protocols, while adding exceptions to business closures and categories of essential workers. They will be effective until 7:00AM on 27 April 2020.
What does this update mean for me?
The updated measures will continue to have an impact on some of the entities involved in the Grenada Citizenship by Investment Programme at least until 27 April 2020, as follows:
- Local Agents: will continue to operate remotely
- The Citizenship by Investment Committee will accept applications submitted online via Dropbox
- The Office of the Prime Minister will be operating with essential staff, meaning there will be delays in the issuance of Registration Certificates
- The Passport Office will remain closed, meaning passports will not be issued
- The DHL and FedEx Offices will remain closed
- The Grenada Co-operative Bank Limited will be open from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM on “designated business days”
Are you in the document collection and submission phase of the application process?
Although delays may occur as Grenada continues to navigate the COVID-19 crisis, you are less likely to encounter significant delays at this stage of the application as both Local Agents and the Citizenship by Investment Committee are operating via online systems.
Are you nearing the end of the application process?
Delays may be encountered towards the end of the citizenship by investment process, particularly with regards to the issuance of Registration Certificates and passports and the clearance of funds.
How can I find out more?
If you wish to find out more about how your citizenship by investment application may be affected by COVID-19, or if you have any further questions regarding the citizenship by investment process in Grenada, please contact CS Global Partners.