• On 31 August 2022, the EU Ministers of Foreign Affairs agreed to suspend visa facilitation agreement with Russia, with effect from 12 September 2022. Visa application fees for Russian citizens are also increased from €35 to €80, and visa processing time is also increased.
• On 7 September 2022, Russia issued a statement terminating the bilateral agreement with Japan on visa-free visits by former Japanese residents to four Russian-owned islands.
• On 12 September 2022, Georgia agreed with the United Arab Emirates to implement a mutual tourist visa waiver, allowing their nationals 90-day mutual visa-free entry.
• On 15 September 2022, the United Kingdom opened its electronic visa waiver scheme to citizens of Saudi Arabia.
• On 31 August 2022, Myanmar resumed visa-free policy towards eight ASEAN member countries, namely the Philippines, Cambodia, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Laos, Vietnam and Brunei.
• On 31 August 2022, South Korea announced its extension of the temporary visa-free entry policy for visitors coming from Japan, Taiwan and Macau, effective until 13 October 2022.
• On 12 September 2022, Taiwan resumed visa-free entry policy for visitors from the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Europe and diplomatic allies including St. Kitts and Nevis and Grenada, but temporarily suspended visa-free entry for visitors from Russia. On 29 September, visa-free entry is allowed for visitors from Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, Japan, Thailand, Brunei, Chile, Dominican Republic, Israel and Nicaragua.
• Japan announces its resumption of visa waiver and the removal of travel limits and restrictions, effective on 11 October 2022.
• On 20 September 2022, Thailand extended visa exemption stay to 45 days.
• On 21 September 2022, Qatar and South Korea bilateral a visa waiver agreement allowing nationals mutual visa-free entry for 90 days.
• On 23 September 2022, Kyrgyzstan and Maldives signed a mutual visa waiver agreement allowing nationals 30-day visa-free entry. Kyrgyzstan also signed a mutual visa waiver agreement with Lebanon.
• On 28 September 2022, the Ministry of Culture and Sports of Kazakhstan proposes a visa-free regime to 100 countries to boost tourism.
• In September 2022, Iran announced its implementation of the mutual tourist groups visa waiver programme with Russia, effective from 1 January 2023.
• On 3 September 2022, the United States gave authorisation to consular officers to waive the in-person interview requirement for certain categories of visa applicants in India, effective until 31 December 2022.
• On 19 September 2022, St. Lucia signed a visa waiver agreement with Georgia allowing nationals mutual visa-free entry for a maximum of 90 days in any 180-day period.
• Australia announced its policy to allow graduating international students in specific skills shortage subjects to work in Australia for an additional two years.
• On 22 September 2022, Burundi and Indonesia signed a bilateral Diplomatic and Service Visa Free Agreement.