The Greece Golden Visa has gained significant attention in recent years as an attractive option for international investors seeking residency in Europe.
Understanding the Greece Golden Visa
The Greece Golden Visa is a Residency by Investment (RBI) Programme that offers non-European Union (EU) citizens the opportunity to obtain a five-year residence permit in Greece. This permit allows investors and their families to live, work, and study in Greece, with the possibility of extending it indefinitely.
Benefits of the Greece RBI Programme
Residency for the family: The Programme extends to the investor’s spouse, children under the age of 21, and the investor’s parents.
Real estate investment: The primary requirement for obtaining the Greece Golden Visa is investing in Greek real estate, which can provide a potential return on investment through rental income or property appreciation.
Access to Greek healthcare and education: A Greece Golden Visa holder can access Greece’s high-quality healthcare system and enrol their children in Greek schools and universities.
To be eligible for the Greece Golden Visa, investors must fulfil certain investment criteria, including:
- Minimum investment amount: The minimum investment requirement is €250,000 in real estate, which can be residential or commercial properties.
- Property ownership: Investors must provide proof of ownership or a lease agreement for at least five years.
- Legal compliance: The investment must comply with Greek laws and regulations.
- Step 1: Interested applicants must submit an application for a Schengen visa to the Greek consulate authority in their country of origin
- Step 2: Select a property for purchase
- Step 3: Collect supporting documentation for the residence permit application
- Step 4: Submit application along with supporting documentation before the expiry of the entry visa
- Step 5: Final verification
- Step 6: If approved, travel to Greece to submit your biometric information
Potential Impact on Investors
The Greece Golden Visa presents a compelling opportunity for global investors looking to secure residency in Europe. With its attractive benefits, straightforward investment requirements, and potential for long-term returns, the program has gained popularity among individuals seeking to expand their horizons. By leveraging the Greece Golden Visa, investors can unlock a world of possibilities and enjoy the numerous advantages that come with residing in Greece.
The potential impacts of the Greece Golden Visa on investors are:
- Real estate market growth: The Greece Golden Visa has contributed to the growth of the Greek real estate market, attracting foreign investment and stimulating economic development.
- Diversification of investment portfolio: The Greece Golden Visa offers investors an opportunity to diversify their investment portfolio by venturing into the European market.
- Lifestyle benefits: Greece’s rich history, vibrant culture, and favourable climate make it an appealing destination for investors seeking a high-quality lifestyle.
The Greece Golden Visa allows applicants to obtain permanent residence in Greece, however upon the fulfilment of certain requirements, residents may be eligible for citizenship after seven years of physical presence in Greece.
After residing in Greece for seven years, applicants can apply for Greek citizenship. Requirements for naturalisation include having a permanent home in Greece, being part of the local community, and having the ability to speak Greek.
Once naturalised, new citizens can then apply for a Greek passport. Greece is a member of the European Union, which means that Greek citizens are also European Union citizens. They may be allowed to live, work, or study in the European Union, EEA, and Switzerland.
Is the Greece Golden Visa for you?
The Greece Golden Visa allows qualified applicants to obtain permanent residence status in Greece, even while living elsewhere.
The following persons may also be a good fit for the Greece Golden Visa:
- Individuals and families who want to enjoy visa-free access to Europe’s Schengen Area.
- Investors looking to invest in real estate in Greece.
- Families who want to live, study, and undertake business in Greece.