Not only does Saint Lucia offer amazing investment options – High-Net-Worth-Individuals also have the opportunity to possibly gain a second citizenship. In fact, Saint Lucia fast becoming the ideal Citizenship by Investment (CBI) location.
Hard work pays off
Despite being around for less than a decade, the CBI programme of Saint Lucia is one of the most sought-out programmes there is. Mc Claude Emmanuel, CEO of the Citizenship by Investment Unit has been working hard to increase the reputation and stature of the CBI programme in Saint Lucia.
Recent strategies that have been implemented have been successful in contributing to a positive view of the programme – one that offers lucrative investment options in a safe and peaceful destination.
With a number of countries offering CBI solutions in the Caribbean, Saint Lucia really does hold its own. As a result, the CBI programme of Saint Lucia competes with some top award-winning brands that have been recognised by the annual CBI Index.
What is the CBI Index?
The CBI saw Saint Lucia claim the third spot in 2022.
The CBI Index is an instrument of The Financial Times’ PWM magazine to rate top CBI programmes around the world. It compares active CBI programmes and works on nine pillars.
Out of the nine pillars of the CBI Index, Saint Lucia secured top spots in:
- Minimum investment outlay
- Ease of processing
- Mandatory travel and
As uncertainty becomes the norm around the world, entrepreneurs and families alike are looking for stable destinations to hedge and protect their investments.
Secure your wealth and future
Our World Citizenship Report found that CBI is an effective tool for the world’s wealthiest to protect and grow their wealth. It can form part of an effective financial plan that considers inheritance and wealth taxes.
Various campaigns and initiatives have been launched by the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU). Ultimately, the aim is to encourage more investors to make the right choices to build, grow, and invest in the country. In order to increase the integrity and competitiveness of the programme, CEO Mr Emmanuel has been working to strengthen the programme.
Why is Saint Lucia the ideal Citizenship by Investment location?
Investors are interested in the Saint Lucia CBI programme as it offers many business opportunities.
These opportunities are available through investment options that are designed to benefit:
- the local community
- the economy
- infrastructure development
- investors, and
- education and healthcare.
The due diligence procedures of the CBI Programme of Saint Lucia are robust and stringent. Accordingly, The CIU ensures that citizenship is only granted to good-standing applicants.
Investment options in Saint Lucia include:
- The National Economic Fund (NEF) option allows investors to fund government-owned projects aimed at developing infrastructure and facilities that will advance St Lucia’s economy.
- Government Approved Real Estate Projects provide investors with the opportunity to purchase government-approved property.
- The National Action Bond (NAB) is the latest investment option that started on 1 January 2023. Ultimately, it’s a government bond that is a non-interest bearing.
- The Enterprise Project is another investment option that the main applicant may apply independently or as a joint investment.