Known as the Golden Residence Permit Programme, Portugal’s residence by investment programme has been operating since October 2012. It is the ideal solution for non-European citizens seeking the freedom to live and work in Portugal and to travel across the Schengen Area. The Programme is open to investors and their families, who may all obtain residency of Portugal. Residency may be obtained even while maintaining an alternative residence elsewhere. The Golden Residence Permit can be renewed every two years, provided the residency requirements have been fulfilled.
- Visa-free travel across the Schengen Area
- Right to live, work, study, and undertake business in Portugal
- Minimal residency requirements
- Eligible for citizenship after 6 years of residence
Option 01 Real Estate
Applicants can purchase residential, commercial, or agricultural real estate. Processing fees apply.
- Real estate EUR 500,000
- Real estate for refurbishment EUR 350,000
Option 02 Capital Transfers
Applicants can choose between a series of capital transfers. Processing fees apply.
- Standard capital transfer EUR 1,000,000
- Capital transfer in scientific research institutions EUR 350,000
- Capital transfer in investment funds or venture capital funds EUR 350,000
- Capital transfer in a commercial society EUR 350,000
- Capital transfer in artistic output or national heritage EUR 250,000
Option 03 Job Creation
Applicants under this option must create at least ten jobs in Portugal. Processing fees apply.