Known as the Greece Golden Visa Programme, Greece’s Residence by Investment Programme has been in operation since 2014 and is considered one of the most affordable programmes that provides access to Europe. The Programme is the ideal solution for non-EU, EEA, or Swiss nationals seeking the freedom to live, undertake business, and study in Greece, or to travel across the Schengen Area.
Greece’s pleasant Mediterranean climate, cosmopolitan cities and exceptional approach to hospitality have lured many high net worth individuals into making this beautiful country their second home. Investors and their families can obtain permanent residence status in Greece through the Programme, even while maintaining alternative residence elsewhere. Under the Programme, permanent residence status is subject to renewal every five years.
Benefits of Greek Residency
There are a number of key advantages for those applying to the Greece Residence by Investment Programme, including:
- The right to live, work, study, and undertake business in Greece
- Visa-free travel across the Schengen Area
- High levels of safety and security, excellent education opportunities, and robust healthcare options
- Immediate permanent residence, subject to renewal every 5 years
- Ability to include family members in an application (married spouse, children of the main applicant or spouse under 21 years old, and parents of the main applicant or spouse)
- Eligible for citizenship after 7 years of physical presence in Greece, subject to the fulfilment of other criteria (including language requirements)