Known as the Golden Visa Programme, Greece’s residence by investment programme has been in operation since 2013 and is considered one of the most affordable programmes that provides access to Europe. The programme is the ideal solution for non-EU, EEA, or Swiss nationals seeking the freedom to live, undertake business, and study in Greece, or to travel across the Schengen Area.
Greece’s pleasant Mediterranean climate, cosmopolitan cities and exceptional approach to hospitality has lured many high-net worth individuals into making this beautiful country their second home. Investors and their families can all obtain permanent residence status in Greece through the programme, even while maintaining alternative residence elsewhere and retaining their citizenship of birth. Permanent residence status is subject to renewal every five years.
Having residency in Greece brings a number of key advantages for those with permanent permits, including:
- The right to live, work, study, and undertake business in Greece
- High levels of safety and security, excellent education opportunities, and robust healthcare options
- Immediate permanent residence, subject to renewal every 5 years
- Residence applicable to the whole family (married spouse, children under 21 years old, and parents of the main applicant and spouse)
- Eligible for citizenship after 7 years of residence, subject to the fulfilment of other criteria (including language requirements)
Option Real Estate
Applicants may obtain residency in Greece through the purchase of residential, commercial, or agricultural real estate, with a minimum value of EUR 250,000, plus the applicable taxes and fees.
- Real Estate EUR 250,000