Planning your next trip? St Kitts and Nevis is a popular choice and it’s on the list of the safest islands in the Caribbean!
Well-renowned travel website, Travellersworldwide.com, has ranked St Kitts and Nevis 12th on its list of 17 Safest Islands in the Caribbean in 2023.
Where is St Kitts and Nevis?
Home to cloud-shrouded mountains and pristine white beaches, this beautiful twin-island Federation lies in the Caribbean sea. Located in the Leeward Islands chain, it’s considered the smallest state of the western part of the area by size and population.
The country is made up of two Caribbean islands. Both islands are rich in the culture of West Africa which also resembled the slave population in the colonial period. It’s a vibrant and festive culture that includes many carnivals and celebrations. An absolute tourist delight.
Reasons to travel to St Kitts and Nevis
You’ll find that local citizens and residents of the country are super friendly. This makes it a popular and inviting destination for travellers as well as its warm weather. St Kitts is famous for its blue seas and fine sandy beaches as well as its gorgeous green mountain chain. The mountain chain is almost completely covered by thriving rainforest.
Visitors to the country will be glad to hear that the newly elected government of St Kitts and Nevis has prioritised ways to reduce crime and increase the safety and security of tourists.
Safest islands in the Caribbean
Home to many beautiful islands, The Caribbean attracts millions of visitors every year. If you’re considering travelling to the Caribbean any time soon then these are some of the safest islands to consider when planning your trip.
- St. Barts
- The Cayman Islands
- The Virgin Islands
- Saint Lucia
- St Kitts and Nevis
- Turks and Caicos
- St Maarten
How safe is St Kitts and Nevis to visit?
Safety and security is just one of the benefits of the St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Programme (CBI). Although most visits are trouble-free, it’s important to remember to be vigilant no matter where you are travelling.
Here are a few tips when travelling:
- Remember that you are in a foreign country and be aware that there could be opportunists.
- Maintain awareness of your personal security and belongings at all times and always ensure that your accommodation is safe.
- Avoid isolated areas like beaches after dark and take care when walking off main roads.
- If travelling by taxi, make sure that you only use licensed taxis.
- If you can, rather leave valuables and travel documents in a safe at your accommodation.
- Don’t carry large amounts of money with you.
- Keep your doors locked while driving and watch out for hazards on the road.
- LGBTQ+ visitors should avoid displays of physical affection when in public areas as St. Kitts and Nevis are part of the Caribbean nations that have outlawed homosexual relations.
- Be extremely cautious when swimming as currents can be deceptively strong and not all beaches have lifeguards and/or warning flags.